Thursday 11 April 2019

Smocked dress for Lola


Smocked  dress for Lola


This is the first smocking I had done for about ten years and I have to say it took some time to get my rhythm again...much unpicking, but the results were worth it.
It was a Christmas dress for a special granddaughter and I'm only just blogging about it now, I really don't know where the year has gone.








We went down to our local botanical gardens for a photo shoot and I think I took about ninety pics, well you can't have two many of grandchildren can you.
Lola was a little trooper and she didn't fall in the pond or sit in duck 'you know what' but I think the most smiles we got was when she sat in my car pretending to drive.









I chose this beautiful fabric because I wanted a white background with sprigs of flowers and this Elea Lutz fabric from the 'Little Dolly' range was perfect.
Isn't Lola so cute with her Shirley Temple curls and we don't really have curls in the family so this is so amazing.



Glenis

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work for a beautiful little Lola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, she is absolutely adorable. LOVE the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, was just looking at my children smocking patterns ( they’re in their 20s now.... have some time before grandchildren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !!!! really precious. Your granddaughter should be pround of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiero aprender ayúdame.son preciosos..saludos incas desde Peru.
    maraps45@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...