Thursday 22 January 2015

Soft toy Rabbit

'Ollie'  the Roly-Poly Rabbit

This is my latest Rabbit and he's bit of a change from my other ones but he's really rather cute. I am always on the lookout for interesting fabric and colours that inspire.  I love this blue, is it China Blue or Wedgwood Blue I'm not sure but I had to have it, just two fat quarters.






I had seen a little book illustration of a fat little Rabbit and he was sitting and his little feet were just poking out from under his belly. That was my inspiration for 'Ollie'
 I wanted him to stand up which took a bit of figuring out, in the end I got him just right and stable.
He would look so lovely on a shelf in the nursery. 




I always make two or three, sometimes more so as to get my patterns just right, there are plenty of failures on the journey  to success.






My wee Granddaughters are hoping for pink ones, maybe!





I have put little bells around their necks but this is purely styling while  photographing and will be taken off when I sell them, not safe for little ones.





I have even given them a sweet wee tail.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...