Tuesday 21 April 2020

'Sleepy Suzie' patchwork block and carry bag

'Sleepy Suzie' patchwork block and carry bag

I've had it in my mind for sometime to revisit my original Sleepy Suzie, she was a wee doll I made a few years ago. A little project using my ideas turned into a much larger one with my first patchwork block coming to fruition.
It's simple and combines applique, patchwork and embroidery, the finished block is 14 1/4 ''  x 14 1/4 '' square and can be used for a number of projects.
You can make a quilt or cushions but I've made little carry bags for my Granddaughters with a custom luggage tag...so sweet.
My pattern includes the patchwork block, a tutorial for the bag and the little tag with the full alphabet script so you can embroider your own custom tag, the link to my pattern is HERE















I've written a separate post here about how you can print simple designs directly on to fabric using your own printer.
This luggage tag is an example, once printed you can embroider over the script...easy.





Make the little luggage tags and use them with love, print out the two pages below A4 size.







Here is my inspiration little 'Sleepy Suzie' doll in her night gown and slippers, she is available in my ETSY SHOP  along with my other PDF toy patterns.



Hope you enjoyed seeing my work and happy sewing everyone

Glenis




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Glenis for this tutorial. I love those sweet little fabric tags! Could you plese tell me which font you used? I love that writing, just right for small words! Thanks and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Segoe print...so so sorry I just saw this reply and I don't know why I didn't find it earlier, another good font is Ink free and Sacramento
      Glenis xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...